Friday, September 18, 2015

Writing a Comic Book Memoir: Part 5 (Character Sketches)

Hello Comic Book and Writing Fans!

This update is all about the artwork. Gale Galligan was kind enough to give me the okay to share some of her concept art and character sketches for the memoir. Right now I'm just going to post the character sketches for my brother and me during the opening of the book.


Clearly I have some action figure skills I should put on my resume.
Gale is incredibly talented and I'm thrilled to be working with her. I'll be sharing layouts and more character sketches as they arrive.

The ultimate goal is to complete the first 10-page chapter, which can stand on its own as a short story about how spousal abuse affects the lives of everyone involved. From there we'll be pitching the story as a complete work and then going on to finish it ourselves regardless.

I'll make sure to keep everyone posted on Crowbar as we continue with the book.

Thanks for reading! And make sure to look for me on an upcoming episode of Interrupted, a podcast hosted by Marshall Dillon.

Talk to you soon!

- Kenny

No comments:

Post a Comment