Wednesday, February 8, 2017

My Comics Journal #1 - Hip Hop Family Tree Vol. 1


I want to start keeping track and reflecting on all the comics that I read this year. I've already read about 40-50 trades in 2017, but I rarely get to talk about them or discuss them with anyone.

That's going to change.

I'm going to keep a record here on my blog of everything that I read. It's not really for anyone but myself, but I think it's important to keep a record of how a book affected me.

Hip Hop Family Tree was a delight to read. Ed Piskor put together a stunning historical comic that captures the essence of the art form and mixes it with one of the other unique American inventions -- comic books.

I'm going to have to sit down and flip through the book again for a refresher. It's really dense, so keeping track of everything that happened and all of the people it tracked was a bit of a task, but it's nothing a quick jaunt between the pages can't fix.

I'm excited to pick up the other volumes and check them out over the course of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment