Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Crowbar - Autobio Comic about Domestic Violence

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) and it's a subject that's near and dear to my heart. As someone who witnessed and experienced the horrifying effects of domestic violence, I wanted to share that experience through comics and inspire others to get out of their terrible situations.

Crowbar - The Autobio Comic

Crowbar is a comic that tells the true story of the attempted murder of my mother and how we ended up escaping domestic violence. This is the first proposed chapter and the rest of the book (which we hope to finish in the near future) would follow my life and the lasting effects it had on my mother, my brother, and me.

I collaborated on these ten pages with the very talented Gale Galligan (Babysitter's Club) and they can also be found on her website.

Dangers of Domestic Violence

Please seek any and all help if you find yourself in a domestic violence situation and always help those in need. Most people turn away and pretend like it doesn't happen. Don't be one of those people.













No comments:

Post a Comment